Mary Blaustone

Knowing Him...making Him known

My Photo
Name:
Location: Windsor, California, United States

Pastor's wife and mother of three beautiful children. We've been in ministry together for over 20 years. Jesus is my Savior and and my life here on this earth.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Seasons Of Change


"To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:" Ecclesiastes 3:1




And so begins the season of blogging. I can add it to the abundance of seasons my life has seen over the years.

You've probably heard it said many times. You know, you're talking to a friend, they share their heart and end by saying, "It's just a season I'm going through. " Or, "That was another season in my life." It's such a common saying, yet so profound in it's ability to help us classify the purpose and times of our lives. Ya see...I need that. Because when I look back at the myriad of changes in my life, especially since Christ saved me, it's mind boggling, and sometimes very confusing. Then I read Ecclesiastes 3:1..."To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven." As I go on to read the next 7 verses, each season written there, no matter how base or common they may seem to me, can come alive with purpose. I can take each one and apply them somewhere in my life. But this time, due to my current season, I got myself caught up on verse 5..."A time to cast away stones and a time to gather stones...". Cast away stones? Gather stones? What could possibly be "stones" in my life? So, of course, I went to my very own bible answer man, my husband Chris. I said, "Honey, what do you think the stones in Ecclesiastes 3:5 are referring to?". His response was so simple. "Well Mary, back then they would have cleared the stones out of a field in order to prep it for planting. Or, they would have collected stones to build a house or a wall...that sort of thing." DING! Hold the phone?!! That's it! Why else would I have stumbled on the stones in verse 5? (No pun intended) This is the season I'm in right now. I'm feeling as though the land of my heart, my mind, and my very life, is being cleared...prepped in a sense for what's ahead. Now, this isn't easy in any way, shape, or form. In fact it's been rather painful. The changes that have been coming upon myself, and infiltrating the life of my family seem to be so many, and very quick in their succession. My reaction to these changes can tend to be emotional, or shall I say over reactive. But, if I can put this time into a "season", well then...seasons change, right? Even though God's job of removing stones from my life may seem labor intensive and down right tiring at times, it's such a good and perfect work. You see, as He's doing that I can be gathering stones to build upon...His grace, mercy, peace, patience, and His never ending love. Don't you think those can work as stones to gather? I don't know...works for me. I like that. God is good.

Oh wait, the verse goes on to say, "A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing." The "refrain from embracing" actually means to be far from it. Now, I believe this is referring to many different embraces, such as parents embracing their children, one brother embracing another, or friends embracing. But why would we ever stop embracing? Can't we just love one another? Can't we all just get along? All ya need is love, right? Yet it is true, that there are some seasons that are so heartbreaking, so tearing between people, that the embracing needs to stop. Well, maybe not stop....it's just far from us. Man! I really don't like that one. It causes me to realize something. If I'm living for myself...giving into my flesh and my pride. I'm not spending time with the Lord like I should, and He's not the priority in my life, of course I'm going to feel far from Him. It's not that He's left me, it's that His embrace is far from me. Well, I think that would be for my own good. When we stop our wanderings and turn back to Him, guess what? He's standing there, arms open wide...big hug.

So, as I said in the beginning, this is a season of blogging. I love to write, or you may call it babbling if you like. My prayer is that this blog would be a blessing to our Calvary Chapel Healdsburg women's ministry, and anyone else who feels so inclined to read.


Blessings to you all in the Name of our Lord Jesus

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger M/ said...

Dear Mew,

How brave you are to start this blog. May God Bless you in the endeavor.
You call all things good and bad seasons of your life. I like to think that my life consists of God's Blessings and prunings(?). The hard times are when God is prunning me and the good times are God's Blessings.
Today at the end of bible study, each one of us had to say what we were thankful about. What a wonderful way to get to know one another and share in their blessings and prunnings.
Love
M/

November 7, 2007 at 4:35 PM  
Blogger Darnell said...

Wow, thank you, Mary. Your first blog touched me and spoke to me just exactly what I needed to hear. I am in a new season too, and it's tiring! It's so important for me to remember that there is a purpose for what's going on. I am excited to see what the Lord will build in our church and in our individual lives. Yes, God is good!

November 7, 2007 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger Mimi Majerus said...

Mary

I cant tell you how much I love getting to know you. You make me laugh, OK sometimes cry, and wonder at what a great God we have that He would put you in my life. That being said, I'm also so thankful for His awesome wisdom at how He gives us "seasons". I'm finding its so much like the seasons the earth goes through. We can wake up one morning and feel the air just a little bit colder, colors starting to change around us, the days seem shorter and it starts to get dark sooner than we would like. We adjust our life to accomodate the season and wait sometimes not so patiently through the winter for spring. And it ALWAYS comes. We wake again to flowers and birds singing their songs of praise! It is a cycle in which the earth is renewed, new life once again. Isaiah 43: 18-19 says it best. " Isa 43:18 But the LORD says, "Do not cling to events of the past or dwell on what happened long ago.
Isa 43:19 "Watch for the new thing I am going to do. It is happening already---you can see it now! I will make a road through the wilderness and give you streams of water there."
So maybe those stones your moving and gathering are just on the road to the stream up ahead! God is such a GOOD God.

November 8, 2007 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger Mimi Majerus said...

Isa 43:18 But the LORD says, "Do not cling to events of the past or dwell on what happened long ago.
Isa 43:19 Watch for the new thing I am going to do. It is happening already---you can see it now! I will make a road through the wilderness and give you streams of water there."
How cool is that? Hey maybe those stones your moving and gathering are on the way to that stream. He's always doing something new. Just like the seasons, it's a cycle in which the earth is renewed, new life springs forth! I love how He brings new life to us through so many seasons. It's not always easy, pleasent, or even enjoyable but it's always worth it.
I love that God put you in my life and that he has such a good sence of humor! I love you.

November 8, 2007 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger Jessica Marie said...

Ok, So I just want to let you know that after 4 times of opening and closing this blog (fighting back tears), I have offically finished it, and I am truly convicted, I'm pretty much going through the same thing at this point in life.
I love you and I am so incredibly blessed to have you as one of my closest friends.
Lover you,
Poopoo

November 8, 2007 at 1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I've managed to finally finish this after opening and closing it about 3 or 4 times (crying at work is no bueno). I just want to say thank you! I've been feeling the same way lately. The "summer" season that I'm going through is so in need of water! I feel so parched (sp?). I'm hoping that the rain will come soon and this drought will end.
I love you and again, thank you for starting this wonderful blog.
Much loves,
Poopoo

November 8, 2007 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger Mimi Majerus said...

I must be in a season of repeating myself. And a season of not being able to follow blog directions! Stinkin' hormones!!!

November 8, 2007 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger unlikelyhero said...

Mary my dear, I'm in love with your heart after God. You are very good at communicating what God's speaking to you. I see the differen't seasons in my life as well :) some of them are amazinginly beautiful and other's are scary and hard and then amazingly beautiful..... I think it all comes down to:God is good.

November 10, 2007 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger M/ said...

Dear Mary,
You write about Natalie's arrival into our lives. I lived all over again. Remember, Dan, Annette and I beat you to the hospital. We were looking all over the hospital for you. I took one look at Natalie and told Bob she sure looked like him. We both agreed that she would be so smart she would be doing our taxes the next year.
I miss you and Chris and the gang, so much. I wish we were closer.
Don't mind me, I think I am going thru a season right now. GG's not so good. I can see her getting weaker every day.
Ok, I cried enough.
Love, Mom

November 10, 2007 at 6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It aint babblin' sista. It's good stuff. Write on...

November 16, 2007 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love it! I love it. It's wonderful!
Your terrific! I think this is really good. My thoughts on this blog.... there GRRRRREEAATTT! I think I like it. It's ok in my book!;-> Your fun. Shs is nice.A very lovely writer is she. She is a very vibrant writer. Mary, I love it. Mary is a wonderful writer and she is very nice to people. I like her.... a lot. Mary writes about life, and it is good. The things mary writes about are really important and dear, yes, very dear to her heart and it overflows into the lives around her. She is really AWESOME!!
But seriously... You ROCK!
Faith<><

November 16, 2007 at 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home