Mary Blaustone

Knowing Him...making Him known

My Photo
Name:
Location: Windsor, California, United States

Pastor's wife and mother of three beautiful children. We've been in ministry together for over 20 years. Jesus is my Savior and and my life here on this earth.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Vacation?...I think not

I had the weirdest dream last night. Now, mind you, I'm not a big dream analyzer. Usually, if I have a strange dream, that say involves me being back in High School, late for class, trying to get my locker un-jammed. I then look down and realize I forgot to put my pants on...well, I'll just chalk it up to what I ate right before I went to bed and not give it a second thought. But this one was, lets just say, deserving of a second thought.





It went a little something like this. My husband and I, our daughter, and our two sons, decided to have a family get-a-way at Count Dracula's castle. Now, you might wonder where Dracula's castle would be located in my dream. Transylvania? Or maybe on a mountain cliff, overlooking a turbulent sea? No, the castle was located right in the middle of town, of course. I kinda had the feeling we didn't have to travel very far to get there. In other words, it felt close to home. The outside of the castle seemed ominous and castle-like enough. But the inside sort of looked like this old retreat center I've been to for women's retreats. Lots of rooms, dark panelled walls, creaky stair cases. My dream even had a musty smell to it. Anyway, there we were, vacationing at the Counts castle. Its so interesting though, because I had no fear of being there. It was more of a feeling like, "Of course we're here. Where else would we be?"


There are a few factors that I do need to point out about our stay. We never saw anyone else. We were the only ones visiting the castle. We never saw Count Dracula, but we knew he was there. And lastly, we couldn't leave the castle. This didn't bother me though, because hey...It was just a dream. Until the part of the dream where my husband informed me, in a matter of fact sort of way, that Dracula intended on making me his bride. That's right...his bride. You know what I mean by "matter of fact", don't you? It was like he yawned and said, "Oh, by the way, you're marrying Dracula tomorrow." Well, the whole feel of the dream changed at that point. It was as though I woke up to the reality of the evil state I was vacationing in. I think I screamed something like, "We need to get the kids and get out of here!" But, of course it's a dream, and we couldn't leave right then. We were forced to wait until morning. When it did come (in the dream that is), I jumped out of bed and frantically began to pack our things, which were everywhere as though we had been living there for years. I then realized I needed to wake my boys and inform them of the desperate situation I was in. We needed to escape, and now...no time to waste. I opened the door to the room where they were sleeping. It too was a mess with piles of clothes everywhere. I told them to get up. But, once again, it's a dream, so they sort of just yawned, and moaned, and rolled over. They do that when I'm trying to wake them for school in the morning. I'm not sure where my daughter was. I couldn't seem to find her. I think that may be because she's in China right now. So, I made my way back to my own castle room to finish packing so we could high tail it outa there. When I got back, Chris was up and about. I think he was getting ready to take a shower or something. I heard a noise coming from the window. I walked over and looked out to see what the commotion was. The castle courtyard down below was filled with towns people. All of them were cheering and waving flags. Some of them were riding on horse back. For what were they cheering, you may ask? They were celebrating the upcoming nuptials of Count Dracula and his new bride, of course. That was enough for me. There was no way I was gonna stick around to see the outcome of this dream. So, I woke myself up.


Now, like I said in the beginning, I am not a big dream analyzer. But can I just tell ya (my friend Mimi says that all the time)...Can I just tell ya I think there's a great lesson in the crazy dream. My husband taught on spiritual warfare this Sunday morning, Ephesians 6, and I believe it may apply. Last Sunday he talked about identifying our enemy. Sometimes we can't even see who or what our enemy is. We need to be so in tuned to the Spirit of God, so in His word, hiding it in our hearts, always steadfast in prayer, sitting at His feet, listening for His voice. Just as a soldier stands ready to recognize the appearance and tactics of his enemy, I too need to be ready to recognize the schemes and wiles of my enemy...Satan. It's not always easy though. Hey, I felt pretty comfortable in Dracula's castle, until I found out I had to marry the guy. I think I want to see it coming way before that. Praise Jesus! We have everything we need to stand in Him.


"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breast plate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints."


Ephesians 6:12-18





OK, In closing I just want to clear something up. My husband is the most wonderful, caring, valiant man I've ever known. He would never, ever have stood for me marrying Count Dracula. In real life he would have rescued me and our kids from that castle and we would have rode off into the sunset on those horses I saw down in the courtyard.


Oh ya, I also in no way endorse or believe in Count Dracula.


Man, this was a weird post.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary my dear, you are an amazing writer. I could evision the whole thing so clearly! Keep up the good work! It's inspired me and Ashley to start our own blog. It's private but if you e-mail me (Chris has it) I'll make you a member. You for sure inspire me!

November 13, 2007 at 11:56 AM  
Blogger Mimi Majerus said...

"Let me just tell ya," You had me laughing so hard! You are incredibly insightful. And I'm sure Chris wouldn't have let you marry the Count.
I think you were in my laundry room if the were clothes all over the floor. It's is a dark and dreary place, which I visit rarely! I love you and Yes, you do look more like my mother than me. I miss you at work already. Call me soon!

November 13, 2007 at 1:37 PM  
Blogger "Bells" said...

aha
Oh gosh Mary...
Your a keeper!
I'm sure that your right Chris would have never let you marry the dred count dracula...who you niether endorse..or believe exists..lol
Your so funny..i was crackin up ...alot..:)

November 13, 2007 at 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home