Mary Blaustone

Knowing Him...making Him known

My Photo
Name:
Location: Windsor, California, United States

Pastor's wife and mother of three beautiful children. We've been in ministry together for over 20 years. Jesus is my Savior and and my life here on this earth.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Seeing The Invisible - Part 2


Just wanted to share another "eye opener". This is another truth that I know I've known, yet for whatever reason, for me, I've only been experiencing it through cloudy eyes.

This next quote is taken from Major Ian's book, The Indwelling Life Of Christ

"Salvation is so much more than a change of destination from hell to heaven! The true spiritual content of our gospel is not just heaven one day, but Christ here and now. In the economy of God, conversion is only an essential preliminary to discipleship, which is a lifetime of allowing Christ to live in you and do His work through you.

"Your salvation is also a million times more than simply knowing your sins are forgiven. As a forgiven sinner you are to be reinhabited by your Maker, reinvaded by Deity, so that your humanity becomes intelligently available to an intelligent God for the intelligent purpose for which He intelligently created you. That is the true sanctification, as the Bible explains it."


"And this is eternal life: It means to know, to perceive, recognize, become acquainted with, and understand You, the only true and real God, and likewise to know Him, Jesus as the Christ, the Anointed One, the Messiah, Whom You have sent."

John 17:3, AMP


What do you think? Maybe it's time we open our eyes and start experiencing heaven today!


Heavenly Father...Thank you for making me "intelligently available" for Your "intelligent purpose" in my life.

Intelligently seeking Him,

MB

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way he defines discipleship. The discipline is not that of self-containment, limitation, and mechanization of religious processes; it is simply letting Christ live his life in you and accomplish His purposes through you. Thanks for taking the time to type that in- I have read and re-read that section already; it's still so good to re-re-read it!

April 8, 2008 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I've tagged you for a meme, Mary. Do it only if you want to. Absolutely no pressure or feelings hurt if you don't!

April 11, 2008 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger What We Believe said...

Mary,

I love the version of John 17:3. I just taught Philippians 3:10....that I may know Him...

The sweetest blessing...

Bill Walden

April 30, 2008 at 11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home