Mary Blaustone

Knowing Him...making Him known

My Photo
Name:
Location: Windsor, California, United States

Pastor's wife and mother of three beautiful children. We've been in ministry together for over 20 years. Jesus is my Savior and and my life here on this earth.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Guarded Heart


"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

Philippians 4:6-7

As I was looking through my journal, I found some thoughts I wrote down at our women's retreat back in April. The theme of the retreat was "Pure and Simple", taken from Philippians 4. My journal entry came from the above verse.


"What is it that allows me to dismiss the guard which my Lord sets around my heart and mind? Peace leaves as I take my eyes off of the Giver of Peace. Trust seems distant when I stop trusting in the Father of Truth and I open my ears to the father of lies. I exchange thankfulness for emptiness; gentleness for fear; And joy? Joy is traded for the fleeting, temporary, cloaked happiness...which always fades away.

But I know what to do. I will call on the Lord, Jesus...the Guard of my heart and mind. The One who loves me, protects me, comforts and fills me. The One who hears me before I speak, saw me before I was born, and called me by name to be His own. The One who saves me forever. For at just the mention of His name, the Name of Jesus...Light fills the dark spaces. And even as I say "Thank You, Jesus", emptiness is filled with blessing; fears are vanquished in His gentle love and protection. And Joy? Joy makes its home permanently in my heart, no matter what may come.

So come, God of Peace, and guard my heart and mind through Your Son."

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your journal entry is AWESOME.

May 21, 2008 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger What We Believe said...

Mary,

Great words, and greatly stated. The powerful truths of God are simple to understand, and yet require a constant and determined effort from us to enjoy the blessings of His promises.

Blessings on your clan...

Bill

May 21, 2008 at 3:38 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi Mary, your journal entry was a blessing. I attend Calvary Costa Mesa at the present time and was going to the College and career group when Pastor Bill Walden was the Pastor and you and Chris were helping out. Chris lead in worship.
Please tell Chris hi for me. May God richly bless you, Jennifer

September 18, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home