Mary Blaustone

Knowing Him...making Him known

My Photo
Name:
Location: Windsor, California, United States

Pastor's wife and mother of three beautiful children. We've been in ministry together for over 20 years. Jesus is my Savior and and my life here on this earth.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Countdown Wedding Day


Wedding planning has been a daily task these days. We are down to the last 2 months. Invitations are out. Venue is booked. Dresses are being made, suits are being rented, photographer is booked, and the D.J.'s ready to rock. We even chose the cake at a wonderfully, delicious cake tasting last night. I can't tell you what it is because we want it to be a surprise. The above picture should give you a hint. And I have two words for you....YUM!

In light of all the tremendous progress we've made in planning, there still seems to be a million things left to do. Linens and chairs to rent, finalizing the food, taking candles over to the fire department to have them fire tested and approved for use, hiring security guards for the reception (what do they think we're going to do for heaven's sake?). And then there's the flowers. We still have to get the flowers. And the decorations, and...oh dear...I still don't have a dress. Friends, as well as my mother keep asking me, "What are you going to wear, Mary? Have you gone shopping for yourself yet? Whata ya mean you haven't gotten a dress yet? You can't wait till the last minute!" For goodness sake people...I haven't had a chance to think about it. Who knows, maybe I'll just pull my own wedding dress out of the box and wear that. It still looks good.

But in all seriousness. This truly has been an amazing experience. I already feel like I could write a book on what to do, and what not to do when planning your only daughters wedding...and I'm not even finished yet. The time I've spent with Natalie in the planning and preparation has been so precious. I treasure every moment. She won't be here much longer; in our home that is. The very thought of that...well, I just can't imagine it. How blessed I am to be so intricately involved in the planning of this glorious celebration. Stress and all...I wouldn't change a thing.

Trying not to countdown to quickly,


The Mother Of The Bride

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

I'm getting the biggest kick out of watching the boys come around my oldest daughter. She's being so careful and working hard at doing what's right. And we talk A LOT about her wedding and marriage. It's worth waiting for just that right person! So it's just now dawning on me that some day she may actually grow up and get married! It may actually happen. To see your post on wedding planning is a real pleasure. So glad you are enjoying this with your daughter!

July 19, 2008 at 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home